Friday, December 16, 2011

Are the Dishnetwork answers on here, really from employees?

I have asked questions about Dishnetork and received answers from alleged employees of the company(Mary with Dish Network). I just found out the information I was given was not accurate. Namely, if anyone is interested in locals and ala carte channels, you can actually do that. The ala carte channels are very few but it is possible. Cost for locals only is approximately $10. Are they really empolyees and if so, are they trying to prove that companies are unethical.|||Anyone armed with a cpu that can type can answer your questions. Most dish answers are from customers.





When I answer a dish question, I try to be accurate and include the dish site but most people just want someone else to do the research for them and just want answers.





If everyone just did what yahoo wants you to, 1. ask the question before posting it, you would be amazed at the answers that are good answers that have been around over 2 years in this forum.





If they would ask before posting, we wouldn't see " what is the difference between dvd-r and dvd+r" everyday.





So if your doing anything dangerous, like wiring a house plug for 220v, I would have enough basic knowledge before attempting it or I would hire a pro. You never know how accurate your answers are because some people on here have a cpu and too much idle time.





I would say that 95% of the people give good and accurate answers and they have helped me when I needed help. But you will always find a few that can give this site a bad name. Just my 99 cents|||Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I am with the Executive Offices of DISH Network. Mary is a DISH Network employee as well. We currently have a team that is part of the executive offices that is specifically designed to respond to questions and concerns on forums such as this one.

Report Abuse


|||I don't know it they are true employees. I do know that you can get local channels and select from a small list of ala carte channels for additional cost. I did this while I was moving but wanted to keep a few channels in the old place. I had problems with getting response via email from them so would end up calling. I believe businesses don't want information in writing because phone calls can be confusing plus they hope they can talk you into something more expensive. That might be why you were given misinformation-the smaller package probably makes a much better profit than just local channels.|||HBO, starz, Playboy, etc are premium channels available a la carte





But if you want say "Bravo" or TLC, then it is not possible.





Of course local channels are available in most areas, but NOT everywhere.





So, fuzzy questions will get you get innacurate answers.


Obviously, calling Dish directly will give you the most accurate answer.|||No. Its just normal everyday people here on Y!A answering questions to get points. If you want real dish network help for your questions its best to call Dish network!

No comments:

Post a Comment