Friday, December 16, 2011

Does anyone work for DirecTV or DishNetwork, or know about dish service well?

I'm moving into an apartment 20 miles from home, and my parents have DirecTV. My dad said to take my box with me to my apartment and I can still get their dish service there (free to me since my parents pay the bill). Is that possible? Can I be 20 miles away, use my parents service on my box in my apartment? And if this doesn't/won't work, can someone explain why? It seems like it would!|||As long as the dish itself is aimed at the correct spot in the sky, you should have no problems with the relocation. For a change in location of only 20 miles the compass heading (azimuth) and angle of elevation won't change measurably. If you were to relocate several hundred miles away, the Az-El settings will be different, and you might not be able to receive some of the local channels, but the national feeds would all be there.





Don|||Are you connecting the box to a DirecTV satellite dish at your new place? If not, then it surely won't work. A pro sat installer will have to confirm whether or not you can hook up a recvr with a valid card to another dish though.|||I believe it would work. My Brother has a Built-In TV in his dash in his Escalade and he uses our parents Directv service to get Satellite Programming in his Escalade. So im not sure why you couldnt do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment