Monday, December 19, 2011

Which satellite company is better Directv or Dishnetwork. Anyone with personal experience?

I have already looked up both companies on their respective web-sites, but I would like to know if anyone has any personal experience with them.. Thanks..|||Honestly they are both great but I have had numerous bad experiences with DishNetwork. I first ordered satelite with Dish in 2000. I got a top of the line DVR ($600 then) and a $400 dollar second room reciever. I paid $1500 for the entire system because in 2000 satelite was a big thing. Anyway over the years my bill got higher and I was getting less and less channels. Then one day in 2005 I called to order TWO of their flagship HD DVR recievers using their "Dish'n it up" promotion which is where you upgrade your reciever for a LITTLE OR NO FEE. Then when my billing statement came I was stuck with a 200 dollar bill. Finally after hours on the phone I just went ahead and paid the bill. Oh yeah and their customer service SUCKS. Ocassionaly I got a kind and understanding person but other then that I always dealt with rude people that were trying to get me off of the phone. Then in 2006 I noticed I was paying $80 for 10 HD channels and 60 others plus I had TO PAY FOR LOCALS. That day I called to cancel and guess what the lady I was talking to put me on hold for 2 hours. I hung up dialed again and Immediatley canceled (that time around I was talking to a nice agent). That agent was nice and asked me why I am switching and was very understanding. They then said if I were ever to come back I would get 3 months free plus what ever new customer promotions they would have available. With DirecTV on the other hand it is VERY VERY NICE. I called their toll free number and told the representitive what features I wanted he immideatly scheduled a FREE installation and i only had to pay $99 for an HD reciever. I am currently paying $49.99 for 150 channels Including locals and I also get 15 HD channels. I also got three months of free HBO .The install was great and they came within 5 days of my order. I would definitley reccommend Directv.You will not regret it.|||DirecTv. My parents got Dish first: the guy came to install and did it wrong (we only had the local channels). On a Friday, the thing went out entirely and we were told that a tech would have to come out to repair, we were then transferred to someone else who said they could fix it remotely. They couldn't, and it was the end of the day. We left a message with the local company that installed it, and they called and said they would be out to fix it on Tuesday (they can install in 24 hours, but fixing takes 3 business days). We called DirecTv, they were out to install it on Monday morning first thing, and they've had no problems since. DishNetwork could not have cared less why we cancelled. There was no apology or anything.|||Directv. Excellent customer service. Great picture quality and sound. Great channel line up. On some, you get both the east coast and west coast feeds. Wish they had more Encore channels. Not a big fan of dj hosted-XM music channels--I just want the music. Also, Rupert Murdoch owns them, which makes me squirm with resentment and loathing, Overall, very happy with Directv.

No comments:

Post a Comment