Monday, December 19, 2011

Why do I keep losing sound through my Dishnetwork HD receiver?

It's a model VIP211 receiver. While watching an HD channel, I noticed the volume would go out all of the sudden, then I'd just change the channel and it would be fine. Now when the sound goes out, the only way to bring back the sound is to actually completely reset the receiver which is a major inconvenience having to wait to acquire and download a whole new signal. Whats going on? I'm putting off calling customer service only because I'm gonna be put on hold for a half an hour until Habib or someone like that tells me what to do, which I'm never in the mood to deal with.





Also, I have no signal on my local Fox and NBC HD channels. Never did. Anyone know what that is?|||There is a discussion about this at dbstalk.com . Audio dropouts are a known problem with the 211 and Habib at Dish will give you a new receiver.





Link below to the dbstalk.com discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment