Monday, December 19, 2011

How do you move a DishNetwork satelite dish to a new location (from my yard to side of garage?)?

To be honest it is best to leave it up to a pro. Call dish and ask for it to be moved. If the install just happened they will have to move it for free. Why did they put the dish in the yard? There could be a very good reason it was not put on your garage. If there is a tree in the way it would not work on the garage. I ran into this all the time as an installer. People want the dish hidden or where nobody can see it. I do not blame them but most of the time by hiding the dish it would not work where people wanted it to go. Most of the time there were trees in the way but not in the yard that is getting the service. Neighbors trees or something next to the house would make the location bad. I put them in the best spot for the signal. Then I would ask the home owner if that was OK. If they had a problem with the dish in the location we would find a spot that would work. If they said no, not in the yard and I could not get signal on the house then I would leave and tell them there is a location problem.





Your best move is to call dish and tell them there is a problem with the location right now. They should send a tech out to look at it. They will tell you if it can work on the garage. Some garages and even houses I would not put the dish. If the wood was rotten or had many layers of shingles on it then I would not mount anything to it. The dish would end up moving and would stop working. Call them and they should be able to fix it, be sure you are present when they are there. This way you can talk to the tech. I have put the dish where the wife said it was good then the husband would get home and flip and I would have to go back and move the dish because he did not want it there. That is never good. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment